Saturday, June 15, 2013

Food Intolerance

Food Intolerance. I don't remember if I've mentioned before but certain foods make me feel bad. I need to ask one of my doctors. I asked some online friends and one thing that stood out is MSG Intolerance. Two of the foods I know I react to are Chinese food and Campbell's Chicken Noodle. According to fooducate, the soup has MSG and according to google MSG intolerance is often referred to as "Chinese Restaurant Syndrome,” referring to that fact that MSG is commonly found in Asian-style foods. 

I'm not sure if that's what it is but it's EVERY time I eat those certain foods, the two mentioned and more. Every time. So logistics says it HAS to be me reacting to the food. Or rather, some part of it. I've started a food diary of sorts. I'm going to try to get a list of foods in the next month that make me react that way specifically.

Another friend said studies have pretty much proven MSG symptoms are psychosomatic or coincidence but I didn't link it to that until someone mentioned it nor did I consciously link it at first that "Hey, every time I eat x, y and z, I get weak/dizzy and have to lay down." And how would that be coincidental. Every single time. Even if it isn't MSG, SOMETHING in the food is causing me to react. Plus some people say other things are psychosomatic whereas others say it's real and it's treated. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment