Thursday, August 8, 2013

Spines and More

I'm not sure if I should classify this as an "Ask and ye shall receive" or if Murphy is just fucking with me at this point. I think it might be a mixture of both. My neurology appointment was the 2nd of July when the CT was ordered and subsequently denied 2 weeks later. My neuro's answer was to just keep upping meds. Murphy said ok, I'll provide but it's going to hurt a little bit.

Yesterday Mom had off so I was over there and we were all doing things we had to do/errands and she was taking me to sign SDiva and DCourtly up for school (had to wait on DCourtly's kindergarten physical first). I was walking down her concrete sidewalk/steps/path holding JSmiley when the front of my left flip flop folded and tripped me. I tried to brace roll since I was holding JSmiley and hit my knee first but kind of tucked her to me and rolled. I hit my foot/toe, knee, hand, elbow and head (damnit Murphy). JSmiley has a pea sized abrasion on her left ankle. That's it.

I was diagnosed with a contusion and abrasions and they did xrays and two CT scans. One of my head and one of my C-Spine. They didn't find anything from the fall, and I don't know if anything has any bearing on the migraines but they found a cyst in my sinus (sinus cyst) and bone narrowing on my C7 vertebrae. Also known as a sclerotic lesion.

You know how discharge papers say follow up in 1-2 days blah blah. Mine say tomorrow (today) and you know how if you don't call they don't call you? Well, the PA I saw gave me muscle relaxers for my neck and I woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus so I took one and fell back asleep intending to call them when I woke back up, but my phone rang at like 8:13 AM. It was my PCP's scheduling department. The ER had connected them about it so THEY called me and now I have to have a bone scan on the 14th (6 days). How bad was it?

Guess I'll find out.

I called my neuro but it's a different hospital system so unless my PCP will send the file I have to go sign a release for them to see it. I don't think they've called back since 12 so I'm assuming they did get it. But I see my PCP tomorrow at 3 to follow up on the sinus cyst and head trauma then Wednesday I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 for a 9 AM appointment. I'm guessing for prep/paperwork.

Everyone is quick to ask me if one of my conditions caused me to fall and really, it wasn't the full thing. I was having a bad day, I was tachy with minimal effort, zero energy, face tingly, just felt like crud. But the biggest issue was I just tripped. Now, was my balance off because I'm sick? Who knows. I'd ask what next but I'm pretty sure I don't want to taunt Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment