Wednesday, December 19, 2012

18 months, and where has the time gone?

JSmiley had her 18 month appointment yesterday. As you may remember (or just travel back a few entries to "Emotionally Exhausted"), according to the stats I was given at the time, she'd only gained 1 ounce in 3 months and had to go through a bunch of tests (really it was only 3 but the blood drawn was used for multiple tests). I was given 15 pounds 10 ounces, 27 inches as her stats.

Yesterday and the night before I was worried about it but the nurse passed up 16 pounds and I got exited. She weighs 16 pounds 7 ounces now. That's 13 ounces! Almost a whole pound! It may not seem like much, but considering it took 6 months to gain a pound (between 9 and 15 months and 3 of those months the gain was laughable) it's pretty good. Hopefully she continues to gain this well or better.

On to height. I'm not sure WHY but for some reason the height I was given and the one he had recorded was off. When the nurse measured her I managed to look at her and noticed her shoulders were scrunched, like she was shrugging. The nurse said 27.5 inches. I mentioned to the doctor when he came into the room and he said "Oh good, if it were 27.5 she'd have had no gain since last time in height." I told him I'd been told 27 even but that doesn't really matter, it just makes me feel off since I'd spent 3 months thinking she'd had NO gain except 1 ounce ( and have you seen an ounce of liquid lately?) Anyway, half an inch and 1 ounce is still very little but it's more than "JUST 1 ounce". Anyway, he re-measured her and said she was 29 1/4 inches. That's 1 3/4 inches and 13 ounces gained. MUUUCH better than last time. She doesn't need to be seen again (except if she's sick) until her second birthday.

Also I'm feeling nostalgic about time. My BABY is 1.5, she'll be TWO in June. DCourtly, my middle monkey, will be FIVE in March and starts school in August. And my big girl, SDiva, will be SEVEN in March. She's in 1st grade and will be in 2nd in the fall. I know this amazes me every year but seriously. In 3 months I'll have a 7 year old. In August my cuddle bug middle child will start school. No more joining nap with Mommy and Sissy during the week except sick days/holidays/etc. And in June my little tiny baby will be two. Time goes too fast. I remember waiting on MY birthdays, thinking they'd never get here (I'm impatient) but it seems every time I blink, they're another year older.

No comments:

Post a Comment