Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Your Claim Is Denied

A little wind out of my sails tonight but I'm getting right back in the game tomorrow. SSDI denied my claim, again, despite my extensive list of disorders. Last year when they denied it they claimed I could work fast food, this year (in FEBRUARY) I made sure to let them know I can't even SIT upright for 8 hours, much less stand, thanks to my NCS. They are claiming I can do other work, that it isn't severe enough. Which first, my NCS is severe. My heart stops. It isn't often because I take preventative measures SUCH AS STAYING OFF MY FEET!!! *sigh*

"While you do have Neurocardiogenic Syncope, Narcolepsy, and migraines your episodes are neither so frequent nor so severe that they limit your ability to work."

Let's stop right there. The month of May I had a migraine nearly 21 out of 31 of those days. Not frequent my ass. The month of June I had one almost daily to some degree. I was in the ER TWICE in June and got a shot today for migraines ON TOP OF WHAT I TAKE OTC AND BY PRESCRIPTION. But y'all, that wouldn't effect my work. Nope. I can work from the ER or cowering under my pillow. My NCS and IST, what job will allow me to LAY down when I need to? Not to mention, I get dizzy EVEN WHILE LAYING. Expanding on that, I get dizzy in the heat and if I'm not hydrated. WHO WILL WORK WITH THOSE LIMITATIONS? AND expanding on that, I'm FAIRLY positive the only reason I've managed to go so long without fainting is because I'm not doing anything. Narcolepsy. Just fuck you guys. Maybe my boss will understand Zombie Sierra. Or the brain fog. Or maybe that 3 hour nap I need to take if I don't get a good nights sleep. Heaven forbid I find a job around here that involves NO strenuous activity where I can recline that I also DON'T need to talk to strangers.

"Your drop in blood pressure has not resulted in severe complications."

Yet. But if I push it could. And did I mention my heart STOPS?

"Your mental health conditions have not affected your ability to understand, remember, cooperate with others, or perform your normal daily activities."

Wrong on the last one. I'm 24 and occasionally have to have my mom or husband make phone calls for me. I get this claustrophobic feeling in public too and need to get away if I feel boxed in.

"Your fast heart rate does not prevent you from working. The evidence shows no other condition which significantly limits your ability to work."

Except I need a rest after WALKING up my stairs. Much less after actual WORK.

NOW FOR THE KICKER!!!!

"Your condition results in SOME LIMITATIONS in your ability to perform work related activities. We have determined that your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working. We considered the medical and other information, your age and education in determining how your condition affects your ability to work. WE DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT VOCATIONAL INFORMATION TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU CAN PERFORM ANY OF YOUR PAST RELEVANT WORK. However, based on the evidence in file, we have determined that you can adjust to other work."

My take on that is: "You're sick, we admit it. You have limitations, we don't know what you can do but we're pretty sure there's SOME job out there you can do. We just don't know what. If there was one, I'd do it. If I had a job I could do that would work with my health, I'd do it. I don't have just ONE health condition, I have several. I'm sick of the run around. This is bs.

No comments:

Post a Comment