Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Insomnia

Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy. JSmiley had some bouts of insomnia herself. Staying up to 3:45-4 AM and once even until 5. There for a while I thought I was going to have to hurt Big Daddy for blissfully sleeping when I couldn't. Luckily he learned how to read minds and values his life. She went to sleep at a reasonable hour and miraculously, so did I. Woke up several times and such but I got sleep. The next night, she went to sleep and so did I (and again, I woke up early but managed to go back to sleep eventually). And so on, and so forth. Last night, again, she went to sleep easy. It's 5 AM and I'm still up.

Part of it is I'm a glutton for punishment (obviously) and I got sucked into rereading a book on my tablet (which is the best and worst creation - I can read anywhere as long as it's charged and can carry hundreds of books, but there's no, "Hey, it's too dark to read, put that down and go to bed!") so here I am. But at the same time, I don't know if I just get better sleep during the day or what. When I keep strange hours I feel ok, when I slept at night, I'd wake up multiple times, wake up early, fall back asleep and need to sleep until when I'd normally wake up if I were up all night. And be exhausted. Granted I'm usually exhausted but this just seemed like more.

And no, that's not just an excuse for me staying up. My excuse for staying up was rereading book 1 of the Hunger Games. My excuse for STILL being up is I finished it an hour before I had to wake Big Daddy up and I'd either a. not hear it, b. wake up and not be able to go back to sleep, or c. be so groggy I'm irrationally pissed off and wind up waking the baby by yelling at her daddy to get out of the bed before I flip out. I am not a nice person when I'm sleep deprived. At all. The less sleep I've had the more irrational. And Big Daddy takes FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRR to drag his tail out of bed. Slow riser and irrational sleep deprived insomni-narcoleptic do not a pretty picture make. There has been tears and yelling and exasperation. I hate having to wake him up but if it weren't for me, he'd have been fired ages ago. And I can't work. So the chronically ill insomniac with sleep issues, winds up waking the healthy (as far as we know) grown man. Who gets more/better sleep. The irony is not lost on me.

But anyway. I have 2 minutes to publish and make him wake up and get up. Then maybe I can make my brain shut up long enough to actually get some decent sleep. I know it's unlikely but it'll be ok. As long as no one calls/texts me. *Yawn* Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment