Thursday, April 26, 2012

Deprived "Sleep Study" - AKA EEG

So the deprived sleep study was just a 30-45 minute EEG. I'm not sure how I did since I can't sleep on my back so I just layed there the whole time "resting" and trying to sleep. I think the no caffeine and forced insomnia is a bad thing. I wa really hyper aware/sensitive. When she attached the leads it felt like cold water trickling down my back. Also my head felt kind of out of it. I wonder what my results are. Or even what the purpose of it was. I also hope the results are ready Monday. I have to travel a little more than double what I thought, the receptionists called me today and said Dr. R is on "extended medical leave" and I have to see a nurse practitioner at their partner office in another city. I'm curious as to both why she's out and for how long. I hope she's ok but is this long term like 1 month or long term several months? I'm more ticked at having to go to another city. She isn't the only doctor there. Though maybe it's just short term since they're having to reschedule multiple appointments over a course of who knows how long. I don't want to travel to the other city all the time, I'd rather find a different doctor. Plus I don't like nurse practitioners?! Yea. I'll see them if there's literally no other immediate option but I'd really rather not. I don't like my OB/GYN nurse practitioner, or the anesthesiology nurse practitioner or any I've met so far. All of them annoy me. So does Dr. R but not bad. Most of the time.

Ok, still tired. Time to lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment