Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More, More, More.

More, more, more. More doctors, more testing, more possibilities. I'm sick of doctor appointments already. I think the only time I've ever had more was during pregnancy. I had to go to a neighboring city to see a FNP (family nurse practitioner I assume) since my PCP (primary care physician) is on "extended leave"*. They didn't have the last result (from the deprived sleep/drowsy EEG) but had access to the first and called and got the second. I'm assuming it was sent to my regular doctor. I'm still just as confused as ever.

Basically here's what I was told. It was negative for obstructive sleep apnea (apparently 5 or less (possibly even more) apnea episodes per hour is normal) however there WERE "abnormalities". Supposedly with my REM? And that's why they wanted to do the second? I don't get it. I wasn't told what kind of abnormalities just that there were some and there was a recommendation that I follow up with a neurologist "to rule out seizure disorders". Since it's not my thyroid or sleep apnea now they're saying that MAYBE I'm having seizures while I sleep?

I know I had some kind of test when I first started passing out I had minor testing that showed I wasn't seizing. Ironically it was an EEG that I fell asleep during. I'm assuming I'd been kept up the night before? I can't remember that part. I figure based on that I don't have seizures but it WAS 10 years ago and back then it was only 1 - 2 times per year I'd faint then I'd be fine for a while. Maybe they missed it (like everything else, ever). I'm thinking good thoughts though.

I asked the FNP if seizures were part of the autonomic nervous system and she said "Yes, absolutely." I don't think I have seizures but you never know. On the plus side, I DO have migraines so maybe s/he can help with that. Dr. M thinks the meds will help but assuming it's NOT caused by the NCS/Dysautonomia. I don't know when it'll be, they said they would call me with the appointment.

Ok it's taken me all day to write this much. JSmiley has a sty, poor baby. She doesn't act like it bothers her but it looks awful. :( Big Daddy bought me some movies and books to keep me company and for early mothers day. Then he also bought me a giant card and had SDiva and DCourtly sign along with him and he signed JSmiley's. SDiva had her first school "play". DCourtly has a dental appointment this month, she has a soft spot on a tooth (the step before cavity). JSmiley will be 11 months old REALLY soon. Hard to believe she's almost 1 year old. Anyway, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment