Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Not Enough Spoons

Yesterday was just bad. I wrote previously about fluctuations. Below is a picture of what I mean. That wasn't 24 hours difference, that isn't several days. That was THREE hours. Yes there are variables but still.

The main differences are noted. One I was sitting, one I was laying and the time. I've never actually seen my blood pressure that high. I see it that low often though. I know it was that high because I was active yesterday. Most people wouldn't think twice about 1 day of being active (out of 3). Saturday we went shopping. Sunday I went to my moms for an hour and layed on her bed with her watching Anaconda (with no children in tow). Monday was mainly sitting/laying in bed. Didn't go anywhere. Yesterday I was already kind of feeling off but got dressed and to the dentist in 15 minutes (small city). Sat there. I only had DCourtly with me, my friend kept JSmiley while I went. Drove home and got JSmiley (friend lives next door) walked up stairs and had to go back and get the pacy. That was 2. Laid down until 4:15, got ready and ate something quick. Took Big D to buy baseball socks because he had a game and lost one. Big Daddy had the girls. Then took Big D to his house so he could change into his baseball gear, then the gas station. Big D paid so that cut down on walking. Then drove to the ball field. All together that trip (one way) was 15 minutes of driving. 5 of standing/walking at a very slow pace. Mostly sat at the ball field except the previous mention of concessions and maybe 5 minutes of standing. Took Big D home, came home, walked up the steps, forgot my phone had to go get it and come back. Ate then, and went to bed at 12:30 AM. And promptly slept until 4:30 PM. I woke up a few times but only for short periods of time.

My hr has been high normal and tachycardic all day, even while laying, though my bp is normal. Most people wouldn't think twice about that amount of activity. There is a story from a website called But You Don't Look Sick called The Spoon Theory by Christine Miserandino (linked for your viewing pleasure) that pretty much sums it up. Stopping for gas or going to a ball game may be small change for some but each task is a spoon for me. And apparently I used up my reserves, my allotment for yesterday and a lot of my allotment for today. Just by going those few places with MINIMAL standing/activity. As much as I don't want time to fly by, is it August yet? And as much as I don't want my baby to be 1 yet, is it June yet? Story of my life and total "Can't have your cake and eat it too".

*Hopefully I corrected all of my phones incorrect corrections. I really dislike this version of autocorrect. My EVO I liked it, this one takes correctly spelled words and replaces it with other words if you use it a lot. My becomes mg, you becomes yoga etc. It's such a pain. I swear I'm not illiterate.

And of course it'll take another 20 minutes to publish the correction. >.<


No comments:

Post a Comment